tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Volker Leidl" <le...@nt.imp.univie.ac.at>
Subject Replacing WebappClassLoader
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 07:38:03 GMT
Hi!

I tried to configure tomcat 4.0.2 to use my own class loader implementation
for web-app class loading. The documentation implies that this can be done
by secifying a "loaderClass" attribute in my Context/Loader element in
server.xml.
This does not work.
Stepping through the code of org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader (which
i still want to use) I found out that the loaderClass Property does get set,
but it seems to be ignored since
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader gets instantiated explicitly
(line 615-, cvs revision 1.12.2.5).
Is this intended? Perhaps I missed something in the code.

Best regards,

Volker.