tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Jk2 docs
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 21:21:08 GMT
Hi,

I just checked in 2 docs for jk2, one describing the general model and one
start of the config manual.

It's obviously subject to change.

I think I found a solution to address Henri's comments about
worker/channel configuration - that is to reverse things.

"Worker" is an extremely confusing concept at this moment - it may mean
a tomcat engine, a channel, a protocol, an API, a handler.

What the user most define are the communication channels ( host, port,
etc ). It is far cleaner to set the properties on the channel and use
defaults for the handler.

Henri - is this solution acceptable ?

That means:

channel.socket.local.port=8009
channel.socket.local.lbfactor=1
channel.socket.local.secretkey=...

One extra benefit is that will allow the lb to work on multiple
channels for the same engine ( don't know how inportant that is ).
Ajp worker has only few ( fixed ) settings, and setting them on
the channel is easy.

The above settings will automatically generate:
  worker.ajp13.local.lbfactor=1
  worker.ajp13.local.secretkey=...

Costin