tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: mod_jk2 config
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:54:44 GMT
On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> >The best UI for configuration is xemacs ( or vi ) :-)
>
> May be for experienced users/admins, but this kind of tools are
> one of the reason IT managers choose products like websphere
> because they fill it will be easier to manage.

I had a :-) at the end :-)

The whole point of refactoring the jk2 configuration is to
make it easier for tools to manage it. The proposed get/setProperty
would even be easily implementable as a simple dynamic mbean on the
java side, and the status worker will be much simpler and powerfull
( changing any jk property at runtime would be close to trivial )

My only remaining concern is updating/saving workers.properties
when updates are made ( either via ajp14 or the status/ctl worker ).
The main problem is that comments are going to be lost. I hope
to abstract the config storage enough to make this pluggable,
with one option beeing read/write properties file ( with no
comments ).

> what's the status of iis/nes/domino ?

Apache1.3 is the next - it's mostly replacing strings and removing
the duplicated code ( a lot of the server-specific initialization
has moved to common/ ).

As soon as the code is stable I'll finish 1.3, I can probably do
IIS as well.

> Exact, it will be used only on LOGREQUEST mode. Which make me
> think that we could have this one in a + mode.
>
> JkLogLevel info + request
>
> instead of
>
> JkLogLevel request

Don't forget - it's
   JkSet object.property value
:-)

I would make it a per/uri property ( instead of a global or
per/worker property ).

Maybe
 <Location ....>
   JkUriSet logRequest  true
 </Location>

The log level should remain INFO/DEBUG/..., similar with the java side,
but we can easily add settings to log more info in individual objects.

Costin