tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Etiquette, MinimalTomcat, Bug 6670
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 16:45:11 GMT
:-)

On 1 Mar 2002, Christopher K.St.John wrote:

>  Here are my etiquette questions: (1) What's the deal with
> "request for enhancement"? I read this as "blackhole", but
> I'm honestly not sure.

Close enough :-) Unless you implement it yourself, or some
commiter will have the same itch.

> (2) Can I change this back to being
> a bug? Or is that an abuse of bugzilla?

I think you can - and probably someone can change it back to
a RFE. If you do that 3-4 times, it'll be an abuse, and
you're at the wrong end :-)

> (3) Is bringing
> up the topic in email after email until I get a response
> considered (a) legitimate lobbying for an important issue
> that affects a minority of developers and is thus overlooked,
> or (b) spamming.

Certainly (a). That's the only way, as long as you don't
send the same message 100 times ( programatically ). Wait few
days between messages, and try to get more people involved.

That's how most people became comiters.

Costin