tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: Start/StopTomcat and ajpid
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 15:55:41 GMT
On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> >location.  However, agree that we should provide a
> >way to override the location from the command line on
> >startup.  I'll see what I can do for Tomcat 3.3.1 Final.
>
> Related is since we read server.xml at startup where
> ajpid is specified, we should reread server.xml at stop time.

And specify a server.xml parameter :-) ?

I think the ajpid is much simpler - for ajp13 it is
a properties file, trivial to read. It's also independent of
tomcat version - in jk2 the same stopTomcat command can
be used for both 3.3 and 4.0 ( or any container using ajp13).
Also in jk2, the connector config may be more flexible,
with the connector config in either interceptors.xml,
 web.xml or workers.properties.

> Or we must remove the ajpid attrib from server.xml since it
> could be useable at start/stop time only via commandline

Both can be used. I'm not sure I like adding a cli param
on each startup, but I'm +1 if you want one ( as long
as you don't remove the one from server.xml :-)

Costin