tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "GOMEZ Henri" <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: tomcat 4.0.3 + mod_jk
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:36:05 GMT

>>>yes, I know. But when I come in without a session the function
>>>get_most_suitable_worker in jk_lb_worker.c will find a
>worker by using
>>>the lb-factor and do weighted round robin. And at this
>position I would
>>>like to switch off the load-balancing and select the worker which is
>>>connected to tomcat on the same node.

let's resume :

you have a tandem apache/tomcat by machine.
apache could use also others tomcat from a LB farm.

when you've got no session you want to use the local tomcat
instead of one grabbed from lb farm.

so you propose to add a 'DEFAULT' worker in LB which will bypass
the LB settings when no session is present ?