tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "GOMEZ Henri" <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: Start/StopTomcat and ajpid
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 18:39:50 GMT
>> Related is since we read server.xml at startup where
>> ajpid is specified, we should reread server.xml at stop time.
>
>-0 since it's quite common to want to stop Tomcat from the
>machine where
>Apache is running, rather than from where Tomcat is running.  Keeping
>server.xml files in sync is much more work than keeping
>ajp??.id files in
>sync.

Ok, good point here, some could want to stop tomcat from outside,
even if it's a major security risk (I allways force ajp12
to listen to localhost)

Ok, so could you confirm the following :

to start/stop with ajp12 :

startup.sh -ajpid /var/spool/tomcat3/ajp12.id -ajp12
shutdown.sh -ajpid /var/spool/tomcat3/ajp12.id -ajp12

to start/stop with ajp13 :

startup.sh -ajpid /var/spool/tomcat3/ajp13.id -ajp13
shutdown.sh -ajpid /var/spool/tomcat3/ajp13.id -ajp13

Thanks