tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Koecke>
Subject Re: tomcat 4.0.3 + mod_jk
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:51:48 GMT
GOMEZ Henri wrote:
>>worker by using
>>position I would
> let's resume :
> you have a tandem apache/tomcat by machine.
> apache could use also others tomcat from a LB farm.
> when you've got no session you want to use the local tomcat
> instead of one grabbed from lb farm.
> so you propose to add a 'DEFAULT' worker in LB which will bypass
> the LB settings when no session is present ?

Yes. Costin suggested to use a special lb-factor. I would use -1 for the
lb-factor. But this wouldn't solve the problem if someone set more than
one worker to this value. To use a new config tag for optionally setting
a default worker would be a cleaner way. And it would be easier to
handle a connection error while connecting to the local tomcat in the
service method. Because if my local tomcat has problems I could fallback
to the normal selection of a worker by lb-factors.

Dipl.-Inform. Bernd Koecke
Schlund+Partner AG
Fon: +49-721-91374-0

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>