tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject DO NOT REPLY [Bug 7359] - Classloader problems with RMI
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:48:09 GMT
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, BUT PLEASE POST YOUR BUG 
RELATED COMMENTS THROUGH THE WEB INTERFACE AVAILABLE AT
<http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7359>.
ANY REPLY MADE TO THIS MESSAGE WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AND 
INSERTED IN THE BUG DATABASE.

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7359

Classloader problems with RMI





------- Additional Comments From ranger@noonetics.com  2002-03-28 13:48 -------
I'm seeing the same problem on W2K with 4.0.3 final. The following happens in
an internal Jini thread when trying to establish a link to a newly discovered
registrar:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.jini.reggie.RegistrarProxy
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:297)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:253)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:313)
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:195)
        at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadClass(LoaderHandler.java:354)
        at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadClass(LoaderHandler.java:132)
        at sun.rmi.server.MarshalInputStream.resolveClass
(MarshalInputStream.java:143)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputClassDescriptor
(ObjectInputStream.java:918)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:366)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:236)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1186)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:386)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:236)
        at java.rmi.MarshalledObject.get(MarshalledObject.java:138)
        at net.jini.discovery.IncomingUnicastResponse.<init>
(IncomingUnicastResponse.java:78)
        at net.jini.discovery.LookupDiscovery$UnicastDiscoverer.run
(LookupDiscovery.java:322)

The RegistrarProxy object is served by a RMI server with a valid HTTP codebase
pointing to Sun's out-of-the-box reggie-dl.jar. This setup works fine with my
other standalone apps.

The same code for my servlet used to work just fine in v4.0... Just for the
heck of it, I tried granting AllPermission to everybody with no results. I too
would suspect a problem with the class loaders...

So far, my only good workaround is to revert to 4.0. I tried also deploying the
downloaded jars locally, but this kind of defeats the purpose...

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:tomcat-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message