tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/coyote/src/java/org/apache/coyote
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 19:40:29 GMT

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 11:20:57 -0800
> From: Remy Maucherat <>
> To: Tomcat Developers List <>
> Subject: Re: cvs commit:
>     jakarta-tomcat-connectors/coyote/src/java/org/apache/coyote
> > I've just started the 3.3.x port of Coyote.  I can manage to set this one,
> > but who uses it?  The Processor (currently) doesn't look at it (AFAIK).
> That's the problem at the moment. I'm still undecided as to what goes where.
> The 'secure' flag may be Catalina specific (and the processor has no clue
> whether or not the connection is secure; it's the connector which knows
> that), so I moving it to the adapter.

Catalina uses the "secure" property of the current HTTP connector to give
the right answer to ServletRequest.isSecure().  I imagine the same thing
will need to be done for Coyote (and the "secure" flag would also need to
be sent along for a JK request because it can vary each time???).

> The API may change a bit. Maybe it will become closer to the one used by TC
> 3.3. I hope you don't mind the API stability problems too much ...
> Hopefully, it will be stable soon.
> Remy

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>