tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher K.St.John <...@distributopia.com>
Subject Re: Etiquette, MinimalTomcat, Bug 6670
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 02:17:01 GMT
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> On 1 Mar 2002, Christopher K.St.John wrote:
>
> > I'm stuck, and not sure how to proceed. MinimalTomcat
> > really needs AuthenticatorBase to be core-clean.
>
> It should be pretty easy to change this particular use
> of StandardContext to use reflection instead.

Got the new version from CVS, it works for me, thanks
Craig.

> I'm constrained at the moment by product requirments on
> my day job

My assumption was that if I'm complaining about it, I
ought to be providing patches.

> In the mean time, persistence is good.

 :-)

Speaking of persistence, what are Context.*RoleMapping()
for?  They look to be unused duplicates of
Context.*SecurityRole() methods. I've stubbed them out in
MinimalTomcat, but it's unsettling to not know what
they're used for.  Does anybody use them? If so, what for?

--
Christopher St. John cks@distributopia.com
DistribuTopia http://www.distributopia.com