tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <>
Subject RE: Mod_jk v/s mod_webapp
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2002 04:50:25 GMT
On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 00:10, wrote:

> I do think this thread, highlights a general confusion around tomcat.
> Over the last couple of years, there have been many
> mod_jk/jk2/webapp/warp/?? implementations, ajp versions etc, and even
> when the discussions are on the list, it's still hard to be able to say
> (for lowly thread lurkers/tomcat users like myself), tomcat X.x can use
> mod_??, on ajp?.? because they provide xyz..

Cannot speak about TC 4, since I don't use it, but TC 3.3 clearly states
here how it's
done and with what (using either (now deprecated) mod_jserv or properly
with mod_jk). The reasons behind mod_jk are also clearly stated in the
'Why mod_jk?' section.

The rest is 'advanced topics' and is more developer stuff then user
stuff, so it is not in the documentation.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message