tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Uma Munugala <u.munug...@CellFusion.com>
Subject RE: Where can I find the spec to implement SSI on Jakarta Tomcat 4.0?
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 02:01:57 GMT
Hi
   I installed tomcat 4.0.3 and installation was successful.
I tested examples they are working fine.
I unzipped all my application files in a directory under webapps directory.
when I tried to run my servlets, Iam getting error
http status 404 servlet (Login) not found.

can some body write to me step by step procedure what to do when I want to
run an application (servlet).

Thanks
Uma

-----Original Message-----
From: Amy Roh [mailto:amyroh@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 5:31 PM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Where can I find the spec to implement SSI on Jakarta
Tomcat 4.0?

Mike Jette wrote:

> Where can I find the spec to implement Server-Side Include (SSI) on
Jakarta
> Tomcat 4.0?

There isn't an actual spec for SSI feature for Tomcat 4.0.  It follows the
NCSA
SSI rules same as the Apache documentation.  You need to uncomment SSI
Servlet
in web.xml.  And to use the SSI servlet, you also need to rename the
$CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/servlets-ssi.renametojar file to
$CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/servlets-ssi.jar

Amy