tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Alf Scherer" <alf.sche...@gmx.net>
Subject JSP parsing bug?
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:53:13 GMT
Hi,

I've discovered something that looks like a bug to me, although I'm not
sure whethter this should/can be classified as a bug. The following
behavour occurs when you put "<% %>"-JSP tags inside a java comment in a
JSP file. The code following the comment will be displayed on the page
when requesting the file.

You can try the following code snippet to see how it works out.

---- snip ----
<%!

	// <% comment %>

	final static int SOME_INT = 0xFFFFFFFFF;

	public void someMethod(){

	}
%>
This page demonstrates a parsing bug

Cya,
Alf

 Alf Scherer        |

 CarrotMEDIA GmbH   |
 Saegewerkstr. 3    | Q: What is a programmer?
 83395 Freilassing  | A: A bio-chemical machine, turning
 Germany, EU        |    coffee into lines of code