tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 4.0.4 Beta 2 / Coyote 1.0 Beta 4 release
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 19:33:54 GMT
> > below). The Coyote connector will *not* be enabled by default, but will
> > appear commented out in the default server.xml configuration file.
>
> +1 on enabling it by default, commenting out the old connector.

I didn't propose to do that, because, although the new connector appears
robust and stable, there's the risk that it would have new bugs, or, even
worse, (re)introduce some security problems. I took great care of adding all
the URL normalization code from the old connector, so that it shouldn't
happen, but I'd say it would still be a significant risk to make it the
default without some extensive beta period. Since there will be such a beta
period for 4.1, I think it is a lot safer to postpone making it the default
for now.

Comments ?

Remy