tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Fooling Javac
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:59:04 GMT
	So I'm not going to claim this is portable, but shouldn't it be
possible to provide a different implementation of java.io.FileSystem that
reads files from the current ClassLoader and writes them to a buffer in
memory?  I'm assuming that javac uses java.io.File (anyone know?), so this
would let you compile JSPs without constructing an external environment
for them, or writing the source code or class file to the filesystem.
	The problem is that FileSystem is not public, and the method to
get the current one is native, so you'd have to hack the rt.jar to get
this to work.  But it might be an interesting experiment to see if it even
makes a noticeable difference.

Aaron