tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/coyote/src/java/org/apache/coyote/tomcat4
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 04:52:43 GMT
On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> The request is slightly different at the moment, but that's because I don't
> know what I need (so sorry, I'm not using your BaseRequest for the first
> version). The Catalina adapter will be a full reimplementation of the
> o.a.c.connector package (which has issues), and will use facaded
> request/response objects.
> So I'm doing the optimization work for you here.

Thanks :-)

The Catalina adapter in jk is refactored and optimized a bit in jk2,
but I would be very happy to not have to spend time on this and I'm
sure you'll do a much better implementation for 4.0 :-)

It would be nice to avoid too many layers/adapters, but for start
it would be resonably easy to implement a JkHandler that delegates
to your Request.

For now this is not a major issue, the current code seems ok, but
in time it would be good to not duplicate the work, it's not
that much fun to optimize the same thing too many times :-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message