tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <>
Subject RE: Rename jK2 to mod_jk2 ?
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:36:06 GMT
On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> Any objection to see JkMount renamed to Jk2Mount in mod_jk2
> and in general all Directive subject to collisions with the
> original mod_jk...

I have one :-)

If we change JkMount, I would rather change it into nothing ( i.e.
get rid of it ). It should be in just for backward compatibility
with jk1.

I like this aproach to backward compatibility - i.e. including
both the old code and the new code, sort of 'perfect' backward

Instead of JkMount we should use either
 <Location path="/foo" >
   JkWebapp worker ajp13

or - which is already used for IIS and has
more 'potential' to support dynamic updates to the config ( without
apache restart ).

This way we'll have a consistent server-independent config
( properties ) and a server-optimized config ( location
uses the internal mapper which is more optimized and
we avoid duplicating the mapping ).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message