tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.3 - Cactus Issue
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 19:46:11 GMT
On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Larry Isaacs wrote:

> I looked for this and didn't find that there was any POST data
> sent and none was read.  I certainly could have missed something.
> I don't completely understand everything that Cactus' controller
> servlet does on the Tomcat side.  However, I think I checked to
> see what "is.available()" was reporting, in TcpConnector, and
> believe it was zero during Windows runs which never failed for me.
> If extra unread characters are present, this shouldn't be
> zero if the test succeeds.  Or am I still missing something?
> I'll try to check again.

On linux, you may be able to do a tcpdump and look for ABORTs,
that would be a good sign we're in this particular case.

An intersting note is that different impl. of TCP send or
not the ABORT - even for the same OS. I never understood
why ( it may even be settable somewhere ) - the spec seems
to require it.

One question - with the sleep(), do you do an isAvailable()/skip()
after the sleep ?

One easy thing to check is to do a Request.getContentLength() and
check Request.available ( it should be the length of the unread
body ).

I'll try to reproduce it and check this.

Costin