tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "David Blevins" <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject OpenEJB-Tomcat integration
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 15:30:28 GMT
Hello All,

I am looking to create an integrate OpenEJB into Tomcat.  I spent a couple
days reading the Tomcat documentation and browsing the code.  It seems
pretty clear what will be needed for the transaction integration, but two
questions still remain.

1.  How and where can I hook into the security system.  I would need to
implement the org.openejb.spi.SecuritySystem interface so OpenEJB can get
the Principal of the calling Servlet.

2.  How can I get references to OpenEJB deployed beans into the namespace of
Servlets.  It seems Remy has already written an EjbFactory for this purpose.
I was wondering if you could tell me a bit more about it and how to use it.

I appreciate any time you have to answer the questions or point me in the
right direction.

Thanks,
David Blevins