tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Deacon Marcus" <deacon_mar...@wwtech.pl>
Subject I18n
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2002 15:15:50 GMT
Hi,
I have to implement i18n in Tomcat 4.01/4.02, selecting files like
file_en.jsp when file.jsp is requested via RequestDispatcher. Basically, I
have to change requested path inside RequestDispatcher based on info
provided in both ServletContext and active HttpServletRequest. Where is the
best place for this change? I was thinking of either 1) both forward() and
include() methods in org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher class or
2) invoke() method in the same class. Any suggestions / tips? Also, would it
be possible to do the same with _every_ request, both via RequestDispatcher
and "normal" requests? Any suggestions where to start? I have most of the
code ready, I'm just not sure where to plug it in for best results /
stability.

Greetings, deacon Marcus