tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Subject form based login+jdbc realm+url session tracking=broken login
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 19:50:43 GMT

I'm wondering if there are any developers who have seen this bug...

Under Tcat 4.x on a form-based login site with jdbcrealms, if you

have a user which doesn't have per-session cookies enabled

(so that he/she is using url session tracking)

Tomcat has this strange behavior where it sends the user

to the j_security_check page three times before letting them in

I submitted the bug as:

Have any active developers seen this problem?

The problem does not occur when I switch to memory-based realms,

so it appears to be a jdbcrealm specific issue.

If anyone has any ideas on things I should look for in the

jdbcrealm implementation, I would appreciate any hints

on trying to fix this.

Cameron Elliott