tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jarecsni János <jarecsni.ja...@mhc.hu>
Subject RE: setting the path in the session cookie (Tomcat 402b)
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:45:23 GMT
Hi,

well a short explanation follows then.

Since we want to alias our dynamic resources (which are to be served by
Tomcat+JBoss) in Apache we have to use mod_rewrite and mod_proxy. We need
the proxy because the rewritten urls don't get sent to tomcat, Apache treats
them as files. If we proxy those rewritten urls back to the same virtual
host, they get sent to tomcat.

The only problem is that the webcontext is hardwired in the session cookie
by Tomcat. And since the webcontext must be rewritten for the whole thing to
work too, session cookies don't work anymore (the client doesn't send them
back because of the different path).

The Sun RI sets the session cookie path to "/". That would work in our
situation too.

Can I hope some sort of a remedy of this problem in a short time, what do
you think?

Cheers & thanks.
János

--
Jarecsni, János
MORGAN HILL CONSULTING, Internet Applications Unit