tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "GOMEZ Henri" <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: mod_jk suggestion, add "request" logging option
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:30:53 GMT
>> I suggest a fifth log level be added called "request".
>> (debug, info, request, error, emerg)
>>
>> This log level would log each request with the following
>possible info,
>> what info is logged could be controlled by an new config option
>> JkLogRequestFormat.
>
>+1, I don't know if I'll have time to help too much, but it's a good
>idea.
>
>However it may be easier to use the apache logger for that - it
>provides most of the info you need ( the access log ), and if you need
>more it is reasonably easy to add ( i.e. as a contribution to httpd
>project, or just create a new access log module that extends the
>current one. This is general-purpose and used for all requets.

Some may want to have this kind of debug also on IIS/iPlanet ?
So will have to format the log message to apache logger and of
course flat file on non Apache Web Servers ;)

If you, requesters, have any code to add such stuff, I'll be
happy to review and make necessary adaptation for mod_jk 1.2/2.0 ;)