tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Kief Morris <>
Subject Re: Replacing Session Container
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 11:31:47 GMT typed the following on 07:22 PM 1/31/2002 +0100
>I have special requirements to my session container and want to write my
>own implementation.
>The problem is that I don't know which classes must be changed or replaced.
>I hope someone can help me.

Assuming you're using 4.x, check out the org.apache.catalina.Manager
interface, and the implementation code in the org.apache.catalina.session
package. This is all under jakarta-tomcat4/catalina/src/share. The configuration
examples for the PersistentManager show how to get Tomcat to load your
own Manager implementation for you.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message