tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Renato <rewei...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [4.0.3] Beta 1 release
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:01:44 GMT

 I guess security issues have to be always a priority. I think we can live with 4.0.2a ( there
is a Tomcat 3.3a and I imagine people are used to it ) and a 4.0.3-B1.
  Remy Maucherat <remm@apache.org> wrote: Hi,

I'd like to propose to release Tomcat 4.0.3 Beta 1 at the end of this week
(03/01 seems an appropriate target). This release will include the fix for
the security issue publicized earlier today, as well as other fixes. I
personally don't think the issue is significant enough so that there's the
need for a full 4.0.2a release, or an emergency 4.0.3 release.

I will also make available a binary patch for 4.0.2 Final, which will fix
the vulnerability. Note: This has never been done in the past, so I'm not
convinced this is really a good idea. Security patches could be *the*
exception, and justify it.

Votes / comments ?

Remy