tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Aggregate Realms?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 02:59:27 GMT
A third option (which of course I thought of just after pressing SEND :-)
is to use the JAASRealm (HEAD branch only), and define your aggregation
inside JAAS.  It seems to be oriented towards this sort of use case.

Craig

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Marc Tinkler wrote:

> Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 19:30:20 -0500
> From: Marc Tinkler <tinkler@plumbdesign.com>
> To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Aggregate Realms?
>
> Hello,
>
> Since containers can only have a single realm, I would like to implement a Realm that
acts like an aggregator. It could contain other realms, and delegate authenticate calls to
each one, in order, and the first on that answered would provide the Principal.  This should
be easy to implement, but the hard part is getting a hook into the xml mapper to do the configuration.

> Ideally, you would want the server.xml file to look something like this:
>
> <Realm className="com.plumbdesign.tomcat.realm.AggregateRealm">
> 	<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm" />
>       <Realm className="com.plumbdesign.tomcat.realm.ActiveDirectoryRealm"
>              serverName="ad.foobar.com"
>              domainName="foobar.com" />
> </Realm>
>

> My question is, can this be done? Is there any way for a realm to add XMLActions to control
the way it is deserialized from XML? Any ideas?