tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Roger Nesbitt" <ro...@ecosm.com>
Subject patch: fix warp connector to properly implement flush() and flushBuffer()
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 03:32:28 GMT
Hi all,

I've got a little servlet that keeps the HTTP connection streams data (html
script data, to be precise) at the rate of a few bytes per second.  Tomcat
handled this fine, but as soon as I routed it through Apache using the warp
connector, I found that data was not sent until the connection was closed
(never, in the case of my servlet.)

Traced the problem down to WarpResponse.java: for some reason it was
inheriting its stream from OutputStream instead of ServletOutputStream,
which was causing all sorts of problems.  Also made sure it flushed the
headers before trying to write body data.

Seems to be going fine now, but this is my first patch so treat with
caution!

 --
Roger Nesbitt