tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <>
Subject Re: Multiple URLs/Single IP
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 21:06:47 GMT
Now you have me totally confused :-( I'll tell you what I know, and if
that helps you, good. If not, please disregard.

The fact that and have the same IP address makes
them name based virtual hosts. So, you're telling your TC 3.3.x to be
ready to handle things for both and by creating
virtual hosts withing it. If you have Tomcat running on the same box, it
would usually be connected to Apache via mod_jk and listen to address only. So, I'm not certain how the 'one IP' address plays here
at all...

Inside each virtual host, you define applications (contexts). So, you
can have webapps/aa for and webapps/bb for

That's at least how I run my machines.

On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 18:50, Micael Padraig Og mac Grene wrote:
> I am not trying to make into and but rather
> trying to get and which have the same IP address to be
> webapps/aa and webapps/bb.  Isn't the virtual hosts the first solution?  I
> think I am beginning to see how to do this, but I don't see how virtual
> hosts are the answer.  I must be missing something here.  I have figured
> out how to get the different URLs into different <Host> tags, but so far
> they all encompass the same webapps or none.  I have some further ideas on
> how to avoid that.  We'll see tomorrow.  But, I still do not see how this
> solves my problem, Apache notwithstanding.
> Miacel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message