tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Will Droste <WDro...@MOMeNTA.COM>
Subject setContentType
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 18:36:38 GMT

OS: W2k
Tomcat: 4.0.1
Java: 1.3.1
Using Tomcat as a standalone HTTP/1.1 server.

Don't know if this is a bug or not..  I do a
setContentType("text/xml;charset=UnicodeLittle") on the response object and
the response headers are returned in UnicodeLittle not ASCII.  I only
expected the body of the request to be UnicodeLittle not the headers and
status line.  To make things more confusing the chunk encoding lines are in
ASCII and not UnicodeLittle.  If the status line is encoding along the
headers I expected the whole response to be encoded.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards,
Will Droste