tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject [4.1] Service
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 06:29:24 GMT
Hi,

There's a hidden component in Tomcat 4 named "service" (package is
org.apache.service), which has almost nothing to do with Tomcat (except it
was written by Pier and started its life here). The most current version of
it (which is *not* the one used by Tomcat, BTW) resides in the
jakarta-tomcat-service repository (which I had completely forgotten until I
saw JF recent commits).

I think the service package would live a happier life in the commons (the
base interfaces + the native code); then, we can update the HEAD branch to
use the commons package.

Note: In the commons, there's already a "services" component. To avoid
creating confusion, I suggest renaming the "service" component to
"commons-daemon".

Comments ?
Votes ?

Remy