tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject [4.0.3] [VOTES] Upcoming release and security fix
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 19:09:08 GMT
Since there are apparently diverging opinions on the subject (and also since
I didn't get any +1s for a possible 4.0.3 b1, or a 4.0.2a release), here's a
formal request for vote.

On the security problem reported yesterday, affecting the security manager
sandboxing. We should:
<ballot>
A [ ] Make a full 4.0.3 (or 4.0.2a) release which would only include the
security fix
B [ ] Make the security fix available as a binary patch for 4.0.2 (it would
take the form of an archive to extract in $CATALINA_HOME, and would be
*small*)
C [ ] Accelerate the release schedule of 4.0.3, which would include the
security fix, as well as fixes for other issues with 4.0.2 (with Beta 1 on
03/01 and Final on 03/08)
</ballot>

Multiple votes are acceptable. If there are other interesting possibilities,
let me know.

My vote is 'B'.

In parallel, I'd like to release a first beta of 4.0.3 on 03/01 (depending
on the vote on item 'C' above, the release cycle may be shorter or longer):
<ballot>
+1 [ ] I support the release, and I will help
+0 [ ] I support the release
-0 [ ] I don't support the release
-1 [ ] I'm against the release because:

</ballot>

My vote is +1.

Note: Non-committers are welcome to vote if they feel like it, but the vote
in that case is non binding.

Remy