tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Russ Trotter" <russtrot...@yahoo.com>
Subject servlet-path, path-info and Filters
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 06:04:40 GMT
Does anyone here know what the official correct handling of
ServletRequest.getServletPath() and ServletRequest.getPathInfo() should be?
More specifically, if I specify a filter with an url-pattern of "/files/*"
and I make a request to "/context/files/foo.jpg", what should
getServletPath() and getPathInfo() return?

I've observed some differing behavior between Tomcat 4.0.1 and Jetty in this
regard and the spec doesn't explicitly clear up the issue between the two.

Thanks,
russ