tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Samuel Emangard" <samuel.emang...@cgey.com>
Subject replace WebSphere session manager for clustering
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:19:45 GMT
Hello,

WebSphere manages sessions thanks to a sessions manager which stores sessions data either
in-memory or in a database (the database solution is mandatory in the case of a WebSphere
cluster). I am using a WebSphere cluster and my production team does not want to use a database
to store sessions data.

I am looking for another solution and I thought about Apache Tomcat session manager... do
you have a subset of classes that might play the role of a session manager and that might
work in a cluster environment enabling session failover.

Thks for your help.

Samuel EMANGARD

Samuel EMANGARD - Architect
Cap Gemini Ernst & Young France