tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: [Daemon] New commons component
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 07:43:02 GMT
> Native code is used and needed by jk, and 'wrapping' APR is one
> of my current goals - it'll provide much more than chuid.
> I think it's much cleaner to use 'normal' JNI when you want
> to call C code from java, so I'll stick with this solution.

IMHO, beyond Pier's and Remy's requirements, this will never fly in the real
world.  I don't see any way that you are going to convince webmasters
(including me) to relax the sandbox enough to allow this.

I'm committed enough to the principal of "software Darwinism" that I see no
point in voting against this, however.