tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.1-dev Host unpackWARs not working
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:31:39 GMT
> [PROPOSAL]

-1 for this proposal (sorry, but I really *hate* it).

To paraphrase a bit:
If unpack="false" then unpack.
If unpack="true" then unpack somewhere else.
Otehrwise, both do the same.

The current behavior will hopefully encourage people not to rely on the
filesystem and use more portable APIs (a good thing IMO).

-1 for removing expanded webapps on shutdown. You don't know if the user
modified something, and would like to see its modifications survive the
shutdown.
At least unpack="false" currently makes things very clear, since the user
can't modify anything without unpacking himself.

-1 for update as a new manager command. Its behavior seems highly
unpredictable to me. remove + install seems better, so that the user knows
what he's doing.

Note: remove/start/stop already exist.

Remy