tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat RELEASE-PLAN-3.3.1.txt
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 06:43:53 GMT
>    Issue  Description
>            1      Must be able to compile and run under JDK 1.1.8
>   +               FIXED
>            2      Address Cactus failures running with Tomcat 3.3
>   +               Tried but not 100% successful yet.
>From what little I've seen, I've never really understood this one.  The
Request runs under a single thread, so yielding shouldn't do anything at all
(unless the Cactus servlet starts a thread, in which case it is a Cactus
problem).  I can see where increasing SoLinger might help, but 0.1 Sec
should be plenty with an up-to-date machine.  Does the problem appear when
you don't use the HTTP connector?