tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan_Pie...@seagram.com (Jonathan Pierce)
Subject Connectors, Realms, 4.0.2b2 - 403 Access Denied
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 14:56:59 GMT

I've configured Tomcat4.0.2b2 with the AJP 1.3 Connector and successfully
installed the iisapi dll from Tomcat3.3 into IIS. I am attempting to serve a
protected page through the connector using the protected realm example.

When I hit the page directly on port 8080, I get the expected login form
challenge behavior. When I hit the page through the connector, I get a 403
access denied error.

Is serving protected pages through connectors supposed to be supported in 4.0.2?

http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/security/protected/index.jsp redirects to the
login screen as expected.

http://localhost/examples/jsp/security/protected/index.jsp
returns 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied

-Jonathan

This email and any files transmitted with it are for the named person's use only.  It may
contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or
privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies
of it and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.

This email message has been swept by a virus software product for the presence of computer
viruses.