tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JMX Support in Tomcat 4
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:24:53 GMT
> On Tuesday 12 February 2002 17:41, mark wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm one of developers of OpenJMX. We will be developing in OpenJMX an
admin
> app for JMX applications inside web containers. I wonder whether Tomcat
will
> be doing exactly the same (A general JMX admin app) or a specific admin
tool
> for Tomcat only.
>
> Anyway I'd be interested to collaborate specially if it can benefit both
> OpenJMX and Tomcat

I am very interested, as it would be very useful for projects other than
Tomcat. I have tried integrating with the current administration interface
(for providing some admin features for Slide), but it's clearly not designed
to do that.

What could be done is maybe to write a (complex) tag library, which would
ease the process of writing admin pages which would manipulate MBeans. Of
course, that's quite a bit harder than writing custom admin pages, so I can
understand the rationale behind that from a dev schedule standpoint ;-)

Remy