tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Rescorla <...@rtfm.com>
Subject Re: Help importing SSL certificates
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:02:39 GMT
Roland <roland@netquant.com.br> writes:
> I'm trying to use SSL with Tomcat. Everything is fine if I use a
> certificate generated with keytool. But, if I try to import a certificate
> generated with OpenSSL, it doesn't work. What happens is that I can import
> the certificate and it will not complain. But when I try to connect to
> Tomcat with the browser it will give an error like 'unknown encryption
> algorithm'.
> Can anyone help here?
We'll need rather more detail in order to help:
(1) What gives you "unknown encryption error" the client or server?
(2) Does the other side give you an error (i.e. check the server
logs).
(3) Can you capture an ssldump (http://www.rtfm.com/ssldump) of the
transaction?

If you really get stuck, you can always use PureTLS, which can
use OpenSSL-generated certs directly :)

-Ekr

--
[Eric Rescorla                                   ekr@rtfm.com]