tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Shearer <...@tellurian.com.au>
Subject Re: Licensing for files in moni_nt
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 00:36:29 GMT
On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, jean-frederic clere wrote:

> I have not checked the possible licence problems related to the files I
> committed there...
> I will have a look and rewrite or remove the file(s).

Perhaps before this happens, I believe Apache has a number of lawyers
associated with it, perhaps especially from IBM. Does anyone know how to
get an opinion out of these lawyers on a question like this? Especially
given that the general issue of "what if we reuse a bit of example code
that implies but does not explicitly grant permission" probably comes up
all over the place.

--
Dan Shearer
Open Source Manager