tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Shearer <...@tellurian.com.au>
Subject Licensing for files in moni_nt
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 03:12:35 GMT
Hello dev team,

I have been looking at the files in

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-tomcat-service/native/winnt/moni_nt/

and I noticed that service.h says at the top:

// THIS CODE AND INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF
// ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO
// THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A
// PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
//
// Copyright (C) 1993-1996  Microsoft Corporation.  All Rights Reserved.
//
//  MODULE: service.h
//
//  AUTHOR: Craig Link

There is an implied permission given immediately following, where it says:

//  Comments:  The use of this header file and the accompanying service.c
//  file simplifies the process of writting a service.  You as a developer
//  simply need to follow the TODO's outlined in this header file, and
//  implement the ServiceStart() and ServiceStop() functions.

However, does anyone know for sure that this is clean? I searched in a lot
of places (excepting the most obvious, which is the archives of tomcat-dev
because the server appears to be down) and couldn't find any reference to
jfclere@apache.org or anyone else having verified that this is in fact ok.

Regards,

--
Dan Shearer