tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Taylor" <btay...@atomtribe.com>
Subject RE: How to receive Session Manager from servlet?
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:20:12 GMT
Also, wouldn't using org.apache.catalina.Session.getManager().findSessions()
confine you to the Tomcat container; requiring you to perform a re-write if
you ever switched JSP containers?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mika Goeckel [mailto:mika.goeckel@gmx.de]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 4:44 AM
To: Tomcat Developers List
Subject: Re: How to receive Session Manager from servlet?

I think that is a matter of security. Once it has access to the
SessionManager, your servlet has access to other servlets sessions as well.
That's one reason for the SessionFacade being in place.
The benefit from Tomcat being open source is, that you actually can add a
getSessionManager() to the facade if you can't get away without it.

Mika