tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <>
Subject Re: TC 3.3.3 with Apache stack space error
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 22:23:55 GMT
Ray Pitmon wrote:

> Originally sent to tomcat-user, but here may be a better place for this.
> Why do I have to start java with -Xms400m -Xmx500m to get it to compile
> JSP pages?
> (see below for a better description of the problem)
> Ok, that works.  I tried all sorts of different values less than that,
> but -Xms needed to be 400 to get it to work.
> That doesn't make alot of sense to me.
> My tomcat is using 32 megs of RAM now.
> Why in the world would I have to specify that it use 400-500 megs?
> Is this a bug?

Not sure, but it's really interesting given that I'm just putting
finishing touches on a new server running RH 7.2, IBM JDK 1.3.0, TC 3.3
from CVS, mod_jk 1.2.0 from CVS and Apache 1.3.22. I always compile
Tomcat, mod_jk and Apache myself, so that might make a bit of a
difference, but I'll let you know if the combo works with JSP's (a few
leftovers from before I switched to Velocity :-)

I use jikes 1.15 to compile the pages. How about you?

Will keep you posted after I test some more...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message