tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Renato" <webmas...@cienciapura.com.br>
Subject Tomcat 4 step back ?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi all,

Recently I went through a migration process from Tomcat 3.2 to Tomcat 4.0
trying 3.3. I've seen a huge difference in the number of threads started in
each implementation when someone have a lot of Virtual Hosts defined.

( the following situation is right after starting Tomcat with mod_jk )

Tomcat 3.2 is almost 1 Thread for each Virtual Host. If you have 500
virtual host you will 500 threads started.

Tomcat 3.3 is much better. You will have no more than 100 threads.

Tomcat 4.0 scares me. I have a machine with just 40 Virtual Host and there
are already more than 80 threads started.

So far Tomcat 3.3 connection model looks like better in terms of threads.

Anybody could explain this to me ?

Thanks