tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Rousse <rou...@ccr.jussieu.fr>
Subject Re: Major problem with Sun External Jar : RE: [Tomcat 4.0.2-b2] Java binaries uploaded
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:38:13 GMT
Ainsi parlait Craig R. McClanahan :
> On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, GOMEZ Henri wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:04:36 +0100
> > From: GOMEZ Henri <hgomez@slib.fr>
> > To: Tomcat Developers List <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> > Subject: Major problem with Sun External Jar : RE: [Tomcat 4.0.2-b2] Java
> >     binaries uploaded

> > >This isn't allowed under the license through which these JARs are
> > >downloaded.  You can package them with your own distribution
> > >(as we do in
> > >the .tar.gz and .exe distros of Tomcat 4), but not separately.
> >
> > I'd like to clarify. I could have activation, javamail, jdbc-ext,
> > jndi, jta, which are Sun products, included in a Tomcat tarball
> > but couldn't have them included in a separate tarball ?
>
> Yes.
NetBeans distributes separatly its own source code from other binaries,
including javahelp, and they argue they do it this way precisely because of
legal consideration. So they are clearly stating the opposite of your
statement here. And NetBeans comes also from Sun...
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html