tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Sojan <>
Subject Re: The problem with "/"
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 02:30:43 GMT

Thank you for your hint!

Now I understand, that with my setting:

I override the default configuration which is:

If I want to handle all requests for non-existent resources with
my "MyMainServlet" and all static-existent (non-servlet) resources
with "DefaultServlet", your solution should work If I can forsee
every type of static resource I will offer in my webapp.

So I would have to write mappings for *.gif, *.jpg, *.png, *.pdf,
*.bla, and so on. I think the way the spec handles this issue, is
that if I do a mapping on "/", then requests for static-existent
content would still be served by the container without invoking
my MyMainServlet. However since the tomcat solution is to handle
static content with a DefaultServlet, I will always loose this
functionality when I override the "/" mapping with my own servlet.

Any suggestions for a workaround!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message