tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From g...@stinky.com (Alex Chaffee)
Subject [FAQ] jGuru FAQ Update
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2002 03:34:11 GMT
jGuru maintains FAQs and Forums on Servlets, JSP, and Tomcat (as well as
many other Java topics).  Here is an automated update on recent postings to
Tomcat-related FAQs.  Please direct flames and feedback to alex@jguru.com .

 - Alex

++ JavaServer Pages (JSP) FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JSP

If I have a URL (GET) param and hidden (POST) field in a form with the same name, how can
I get and differenciate them?
I have the following code:<p>

<tt>
&lt;form name="someForm" method="post" action="somePage.jsp?id=100"&gt;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;input type="hidden" name="id" value="200"&gt;<br>
&lt;/form&gt;<br>
</tt>

I need to differenciate between the id in the URL parameter and the id in the form. I know
you can use getParameterValues() to get multiple values but I need to know which one belongs
to the URL or form because sometimes I will get only one of them. Is it possible?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=724996

are closed, the session cookie is gone.

	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=724993

++ Servlets FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Servlets

Since session.getValue("name") has been deprecated, what method do I call instead?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=724725

	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=724724

How can I store international / Unicode characters into a cookie?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=722908

How can I access one servlet method from some other servlet in same context?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=722714

++ Tomcat FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Tomcat

"Unable to load class" message under Tomcat 3.
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=726062

Is there a way to save files to a directory which will survive
upgrades to the web application?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=726038

Tomcat 4 and XML Parsers.
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=720733

You can shut email notification off at the FAQ home
page(s) or:

  http://www.jguru.com/guru/notifyprefs.jsp