tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to receive Session Manager from servlet?
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:17:21 GMT

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Mika Goeckel wrote:

> Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:43:50 +0100
> From: Mika Goeckel <mika.goeckel@gmx.de>
> To: Tomcat Developers List <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: How to receive Session Manager from servlet?
>
> I think that is a matter of security. Once it has access to the
> SessionManager, your servlet has access to other servlets sessions as well.
> That's one reason for the SessionFacade being in place.
> The benefit from Tomcat being open source is, that you actually can add a
> getSessionManager() to the facade if you can't get away without it.

Within the same webapp, you can track sessions pretty easily -- just
create and register an HttpSessionListener that will then here about all
session created and session destroyed events.  You can keep your own
private collection of the session instances, without having to delve
inside the container.

> Mika

Craig