tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why do I receive CVS-commit stuff?
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 17:54:48 GMT

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Roland wrote:

> Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 11:55:20 -0200
> From: Roland <roland@netquant.com.br>
> To: Tomcat Developers List <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Why do I receive CVS-commit stuff?
>
> Hello, I'm subscribed to the tomcat-dev mailing list but keep receiving
> cvs-commit emails. Why is that? Here are some of the headers of the emails
> I receive:
>
> From: remm@apache.org
> To: jakarta-tomcat-4.0-cvs@apache.org
> Subject: cvs commit:
> jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/session
> StandardManager.java
>
> Can someone turn this off please?

I'm afraid not.

The presumption here, as well as most other Jakarta projects, is that
anyone subscribed to a DEVELOPER mailing list is interested in seeing what
is actually happening to the code, as well as the discussions among the
developers.  Therefore, the CVS commits (as well as changes to the
Bugzilla bug reports) are automatically reflected to TOMCAT-DEV.

Craig